Are you getting ready to restart a UV Pure system at your seasonal property? Each UV Pure system is designed to make restart a simple process – almost as simple as flipping on the power and opening the water valve. To ensure optimum performance of your system, seasonal startup is a good time to perform a few simple inspections.
Before restarting your UV Pure system:
- Inspect the quartz sleeve for cracks, breaks and fouling.
- Inspect the reflector panels for damage.
- Inspect lamps for cracks and breaks.
- Inspect quartz around the filaments for discolouration at the ends, which indicates a bad lamp or a possible ballast issue.
- Reconnect all fittings and close all valves.
- Slowly apply water pressure and inspect the unit for any signs of leaks or loose plumbing joints.
- If any components in steps 1 to 6 require attention, consult your manual or contact a qualified UV Pure service representative.
- When the system is fully pressurized, turn on the UV Pure system and allow the lamps to reach full power. This may take up to 24 hours.
- Once operational, flush water through the unit for at least five minutes.
Importance of having UV lamps:
We recommend making spare lamps available at each site to ensure uninterrupted system operation. UV lamps have a limited lifespan and should be changed after 12,000 hours of operation.
Your UV Pure system will alert you when:
- the lamps require changing as they approach end of life, or
- when lamp output has dropped below the optimum operating level. A menu screen in the LCD display of Hallet® and Upstream™ systems also shows the remaining lamp life.
Whenever changing lamps:
- use only genuine UV Pure lamps to ensure the system meets certified performance standards and to avoid adverse effects to sensitive electronic components.
To understand all the benefits of using genuine UV Pure lamps, read this post.
For more information about restarting UV Pure systems, please see your instruction manual.
To order spare lamps or other parts, or to arrange for service of your UV Pure system, contact your local UV Pure service provider.